Newcastle could be without top scorer Callum Wilson, who sustained a hamstring injury at Southampton last time out.
Paraguay international Miguel Almiron only arrived back in England on Thursday and will be assessed.
Chelsea will again be without the injured Christian Pulisic, while Frank Lampard says Thiago Silva is unlikely to play following international duty.
Kai Havertz is back in training after a period of self-isolation.
- Chelsea have won five of their past seven Premier League meetings, albeit keeping only one clean sheet during this run.
- The Magpies have only lost once in their past seven home league games against Chelsea (W5, D1).
- Newcastle are looking to win successive Premier League matches against Chelsea for only the second time.
- Newcastle have won two of their past three home league matches, as many as they had managed in their previous 11 fixtures at St James’ Park.
- Their tally of 11 points after eight matches is more than they had at this stage of the two previous seasons combined.
- The Magpies have lost only one of five matches against sides currently above them in the table (W2, D2).
- Newcastle are without a clean sheet in seven matches since the opening day of the season. They are also without a clean sheet in their last eight home league fixtures.
- Steve Bruce’s men have conceded nine home league goals; only Manchester United, with 10, have let in more.
- Eight of Newcastle’s 10 league goals have come after half time.
- Callum Wilson has been directly involved in seven of Newcastle’s 10 league goals, scoring six and setting up one.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in 11 games in all competitions, six of them in the Premier League.
- They have not lost an away league fixture this term (W2, D2) and have kept back-to-back clean sheets on their travels.
- No side has scored more league goals this season than the Blues, with 14 of their 20 coming in the second half.
- Timo Werner can become the first Chelsea player to score in five successive matches in all competitions since Didier Drogba in November 2009.
- Werner could also become just the fourth German to score in three consecutive Premier League fixtures, emulating Jurgen Klinsmann (three times), Dietmar Hamann and Leroy Sane.
- Hakim Ziyech has been involved in four of Chelsea’s seven league goals in the two games he has started.
- Goalkeeper Edouard Mendy has conceded only two goals in his eight Chelsea appearances in all competitions.